2020 ANNULAR ECLIPSE OF THE SUN IN OMAN
June 17 – 22, 2020
[tabgroup] [tab title=”BASIC INFO”]
Path of the annular eclipse of June 21, 2020 as it goes over Oman. The path is only 33 km/ 21 miles wide.
This solar eclipse tour is our 50th solar eclipse adventure from RING OF FIRE EXPEDITIONS. It will feature six days in Oman and will include visits to important sites and the annular (ring) eclipse of the Sun on the morning of December 3, 2020. The tour will be led by Paul D. Maley of the NASA Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society in Houston, Texas USA. At night, if the sky is clear, there will be opportunities to observe the stars in the desert sky. The highlight will be the observation of the “ring eclipse” where the Moon’s diameter will appear to fit entirely inside the disc of the Sun for around 50 seconds if at the center line and 21 seconds from our hotel site at the north edge. Our goal will be to position ourselves at the northern edge of the eclipse path where the Baily’s Beads phenomenon will be protracted while annularity will be reduced. The Sun will be about 56 degrees above the eastern horizon and weather chances of seeing the eclipse are about quite good based on averaging past satellite data.
For those interested in the post-tour to the northern part of the country, the vast wildebeest migration moves from the south to the north of Tanzania during July and August and by September reaches the northern Serengeti border of Tanzania and Kenya crossing the Mara River. Our ground operator has a camp positioned here to effect the best viewing.
The reddish area at the top shows the general area where the wildebeest migration occurs during our trip. It is not uncommon to see thousands of wildebeest cross the Mara River in less than an hour.
Such wildebeest herds are not visible on our core tour but may be seen as an OPTIONAL extension after the main program..
Effective March, 2018 but may be changed as circumstances dictate.
Some modifications may occur due to routing and schedule changes in the region prior to the time of the tour. Prices are those in effect as of the date above and may change due to currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges caused by escalating oil prices or increases mandated by ground operators.
RING OF FIRE EXPEDITIONS does its best to keep prices in line as far in advance as possible. Trip cancellation insurance is included in the price of this tour for your protection!. Though the tour starts November 29 in Muscat, Oman, it is even more strongly recommended that all tour members arrive at least one day before in order to minimize misconnections with air transport.
Minimum group size 10 persons. Abbreviations below B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.
Eclipse observation is possible within the gray shaded area. The north edge of the eclipse path is about 1km from the hotel. Our hotel site will possibly be near the arrow but this weather dependent. Map derived from software courtesy of X. Jubier.
JUNE 17 (Wednesday): ARRIVAL IN TO MUSCAT, OMAN (L – D)
Meet and transfer to your hotel – check in starts at 2 PM
Check-in to hotel
Muscat City Tour ½ day
The tour begins with a visit to the magical Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque (except on Fridays), a splendor of unique Islamic architecture. From here you will drive through the Ministries and stop for photo or souvenir shop in Shatti District, the most prestigious district in Muscat. Continue and pass by the brand new Royal Opera house (outside only), this building reflects contemporary Omani architecture, and has a capacity to accommodate maximum of 1,100 people. Sultan Qaboos Bin Said has always been a fan of classical music and arts. Pass by Qurum Corniche where Omanis from Muscat like to take a walk at night with their families. Stop at the traditional Mutrah Souk for some souvenir shopping. Get a glance at Oman’s culture, tradition and history at the Museum. You then stroll along for a view of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos’s Palace, the Al Alam Palace, guarded by the two forts, Fort Jalali and Fort Mirani.
Please, note that women have to be fully covered from head to ankles and men should wear long trousers in order to be allowed inside the Grand Mosque.
Night at Intercontinental hotel. Note, sunrise is at 5.19am, sunset at 6.54pm..
Intercontinental Hotel, Muscat
JUNE 18 (Thursday): Nizwa – Jebel Shams (B – L – D)
After a nice breakfast, leave the golden sand dunes behind you and after a stop in Ibra head towards Nizwa. Nizwa was once the capital of Oman, go through the traditional and craft Souk where you can buy some souvenirs before visiting the Fort of Nizwa with its large circular tower and imagine life inside the Fort in the 17th century. The breathtaking view from the tower will show you how big the plantation is.
Continue your journey to the top of Jebel Shams, “Sun Mountain”, Oman’s highest peak, 3009 m. The cooler temperatures will surprise you as you reach the top to get a spectacular view of the “Grand Canyon”. The stunning landscape will enchant.
Jabal Shams Resort
Night at Jebel Shams Resort. Star gazing in the mountains is also amazing.
Jabal Shams Observatory with a Meade 14-inch Schmidt Cassegrain telescope
JUNE 19 (Friday): Bahla – Jabrin – Muscat (B – L – D)
Meet your guide after breakfast to travel to Bahla, a charming little town surrounded by an old 12 km long wall; visit the place where they make pottery and also the old fort of Bahla, one of the oldest in Oman. Continue to Jabrin, for a visit of the Fort which was once the home of the Imam and was built to be a Palace at first, before being used for military purposes. The tomb of the Imam is still located in the Fort. The Jabrin Fort is also believed to be one of the first schools in Oman.
Head back to Muscat.
Night at Best Western Premier hotel. The Best Western Premier Muscat is a 4 star business hotel located next door to the embassies and government ministries. The modern design and white refreshing lobby is enhanced with an atrium and an indoor swimming pool on the ground floor. The hotel features 203 contemporary designed bedrooms and suites, the majority of them being the superior room featuring either king bed or two large twin beds, a 42 inch LED flat screen television with a variety of satellite channels, coffee /tea tray, mini-bar with soft drinks/snacks, a personal safe and a shower only bathroom with rain shower. The hotel has two restaurants – The Atrium, an all day dining restaurant serving Arabic and International cuisine and buffet, and the Mashawi Grill – our grill house serving the best of dishes from the Middle East, the Mediterranean and the America’s. Also in the lobby there is the Connection Cafe with complimentary (for residents only) use of two computers and internet. There is also an indoor swimming pool, fitness room and sauna.
Sifaway Boutique Hotel
JUNE 20 (Saturday): Coast – Wadi Tiwi – Sur (B – L – D)
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel at 9 AM and take you for an incredible journey. Start the tour by going through Quriyat and towards Bimah sinkhole, a spectacular limestone crater with inviting blue-green water. This drive along the coast offers great views of the blue waters of the Gulf of Oman. Continue to Fins and White Beach where you will find white sandy beaches lapped by turquoise waters. You will then pass Wadi Shab and enter Wadi Tiwi with its green pools and lush plantations. We head onto Qalhat famous for its history of exports to and imports of spices from India. Looking over at Qalhat is the Bibi Mariam Tomb (closed for archeological searches).
Your next stop will be in Sur, another town famous for its trading and still now famous for its Dhow Building Yard. The sheltered lagoon is a perfect picture with all the white houses of Sur in the background and old Dhows floating …or not…in the lagoon.
Return to Muscat.
Night at Sifawy Boutique hotel located at the northern limit of the annular solar eclipse path.
JUNE 21 (Sunday): Solar Eclipse Day – Jebel Shams (B – L – D)
After breakfast we will move out to locate the best possible viewing site either at the edge of the annular eclipse path or at the center depending upon the weather conditions. The Moon’s disc can first be seen at the Sun’s edge around 8:15am proceeding toward the center of the disc by 9:39am. The Moon exits at 11:20am. Some time after that we will proceed back to our hotel. Depending upon the weather / atmospheric conditions we will observe either near the northern edge of the eclipse path where the Baily’s Beads phenomena lasts the longest or to the center where the Bull’s Eye Moon effect will be most pronounced.
A small table top scope or similar with ND5 filter are recommended for viewing/photographing the annular eclipse.
(right) Baily’s Beads can be seen at the point where the Moon and Sun seem to touch at the edge of the path of annularity. These points of light are prolonged at the edge, while at the center they last just a few seconds. This photo was shot in India in 1995 at one of our previous expeditions. For those who want to drive to the edge from the hotel, this is the view we should see.
(left) Annular eclipse with a ring around the Moon can be observed at our hotel location.
Eclipse site setup in a non-desert environment P. Maley photo from our Ring of Fire Expeditions annular eclipse trip to Uganda in 2010.
The above photo shows a tripod and telescope (IOptron) along with bags of items needed to support the observer at the eclipse site. This can include water, toilet paper, hat, sunscreen, snacks. The small blue crate is used to support a video camera and GPS receiver, solar filter, right angle eyepiece, finder scope, etc. Participants who are serious about photography should prepare their equipment at home, test it out and be sure that all components are working and are properly packed before heading for Oman.
It is not necessary to have all of this stuff to watch the eclipse. A pair of binoculars can be used to safely project the Sun’s image onto white cardboard, or binoculars outfitted with solar filters on the front ends are often employed to keep track of the eclipse progress. “Eclipse glasses” provided by ROFE make adequate eclipse progress watching devices though do not yield a highly detailed image. It is highly recommended to bring an optical device that will allow you to view the Sun with magnification.
Lunch following the eclipse and afternoon at leisure.
Dinner and overnight at Sifawy Boutique Hotel
Sifah town with hotel in foreground at dusk
JUNE 22 (Monday): Muscat (B)
Return to Muscat for flight departure – about 2h30 drive from Jebel Shams to Muscat
NOTE: All prices are as of March 2018 and based on a minimum group size of 10 persons.
USD$.(cash discount price $.) LAND ONLY per person double occupancy; tour stars and ends in Muscat, Oman
If you want a single room, price is $ . (cash discount price $ .) if available.
SORRY, NO CHILDREN UNDER 12.
1. Arrival and departure transfers
2. Pickup and drop off at your hotel
3. Transport within Oman
4. English speaking Omani guide
5. 6 days package
6. Entry fees to Forts
7. Entry fees to musuem
8. 5 night accommodation
9. Meals as mentioned in program (B) (L) (D)
10. Water – juices and soft drinks on tour
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International airfare or airfare of any kind
- soft drinks, beer or alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Any other service not mentioned in the PRICE INCLUDES section above.
- Passport and visa fees
- Personal expenses such as (but not limited to) laundry, phone, internet, optional tours
- meals not listed
- trip cancellation/interruption/medical insurance (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IN CASE OF MISSED CONNECTION, ILLNESS OR OTHER UNANTICIPATED EVENTS)
[/tab] [tab title=”TERMS & CONDITIONS“]
Eclipse Tour Participant’s Agreement
Your signature on our registration form will signify your agreement with the following terms and conditions. These are the terms and conditions applicable to the land expeditions offered by Future Travel, Inc. a Texas corporation (“we”, “us” and “our”). The terms “client” “you” and “your” refer to each person who purchases and/or participates in the Cruise.
1. Eclipse Tour ITINERARY: The itinerary on the Eclipse Tour Website and any other materials is hereby included in this agreement. However, the Tour Operator, reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary as explained in this agreement. For more information: (281) 480-1988 or (800) 929-9004 or email email@example.com.
2. Eclipse Tour PRICE: Prices are based on two persons sharing accommodations. There is additional cost for a single accommodation (single supplement) or an extra person in the room if either of these features is available. Prices may be subject to increase as described in this agreement.
3. DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS: If you sign up before the dates posted on the Eclipse Tour webpage, a deposit in the amount stated on the webpage is due along with your signed reservation form in order to secure your reservation, which is subject to availability at the time we receive the form and deposit. Dates and deposit amounts vary depending upon the trip. Failure to meet those deposit dates will result in cancellation of your reservation and loss of deposit as defined under the cancellation penalties portion of the webpage. If the Tour is sold out at the time we receive your reservation form and deposit, we will contact you and ask if you wish to be added to a waiting list. We reserve the right to accept or decline any prospective participant for any nondiscriminatory reason in our sole discretion. All reservations must be paid in full by the date specified. Spaces not paid in full by this date are subject to cancellation without refund and will be charged a $250 late-payment fee.
4. Eclipse Tour CANCELLATION BY YOU: We are making arrangements with travel suppliers that require us to incur very substantial costs of operation. Therefore, if you cancel, we will retain all of your payments as liquidated damages. However, if you find a replacement for yourself or any other members of your traveling party, we will charge a change fee of $250 as specified on the Eclipse Tour webpage. We must receive the written (email is sufficient) notice of the change and a signed/scanned reservation form from the new participant. If we receive notice of the change after specified date, we will not provide a refund. There is no refund for unused portions of the Eclipse Tour once it has commenced. You are solely responsible for costs incurred by you due to missed, canceled or delayed transportation. Your decision not to participate on the Eclipse Tour due to State Department/other US or foreign government warnings, fear of travel, illness, or any other reason will be deemed a cancellation. If a flight or other delay for any reason prevents you from joining the Eclipse Tour on the departure date and time, you will be considered a no-show, and we cannot provide a full or partial refund or credit toward a future Tour, but you may join the Eclipse Tour late at your expense. There are NO exceptions to our cancellation policies.
5. OTHER CHANGES: There will be a change fee of $75.00 per person charged for any change in travel arrangements made after ticketing and at least 30 days prior to departure in addition to charges incurred by our suppliers. No changes will be allowed within 30 days of the departure date.
6. INSURANCE: We strongly recommend that you purchase insurance in case of trip cancellation and medical problems, as well as medical evacuation insurance to cover the cost of a private jet to return home. We will send you insurance information if you check the box on our reservation form. However, any questions about what travel insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company. If you decline insurance coverage, you will personally assume full responsibility for any financial loss associated with your travel arrangements, and you could lose your travel investment and/or have to pay more money to correct the situation. For example, you will suffer a loss if: (i) your flight has been cancelled and your hotel and Tours are nonrefundable; (ii) you need to cancel your trip due to illness; (iii) a hurricane, volcano or earthquake occurs while traveling and you are stranded; (iv) your cruise line, airline, or Tour operator files for bankruptcy, unless you have paid by credit card; (v) a terrorist incident occurs at the destination you planned on visiting; (vi) you have a medical emergency in a foreign country and need medical attention or evacuation; (vii) your bags are lost and your medication is in them, and you need to have an emergency prescription filled; or (viii) your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport. We offer Travel Guard Travel Insurance to U.S and Canadian residents and will provide costs associated with insuring your trip, both at time of deposit and final payment. If you live in another country, you will have to purchase your own insurance in your home country.
7. Eclipse Tour PRICE INCREASES: In the event that the cost of any aspect of the Eclipse Tour should incur an unexpected cost increase, Future Travel is obliged to pass on these increases. While rare, they can occur and are beyond the control of Future Travel. When such increase is known, Future Travel will alert all participants and provide the amount and reason for the increase. It will be required that all Tour members provide payment by the date due per communication from Future Travel. Prices are also subject to increase for currency fluctuations and the cost of supplier services.
8. Eclipse Tour AIRFARES: Airline arrangements are usually optional and not included in the tour price unless specifically stated. Airlines and airfares included in your trip are subject to change without notice. Please check with us for conditions applicable to your airline ticket. Airfares are subject to price increases until you have paid in full. Even after you have paid in full, airfares are subject to supplemental price increases imposed by governments, and you hereby consent to any such price increases. We will not change your requested seat assignments on commercial aircraft without permission. However, airlines often change seat assignments to satisfy their loyalty members or because of equipment changes (aircraft type). We are not notified of these changes in advance, and often clients are not made aware of these changes until they arrive at the airport. We are not responsible for seat assignment changes made by the airline. Frequent flyer programs are private agreements between airlines and passengers, and we cannot be held responsible for mileage discrepancies involving airline loyalty reward programs.
9. Eclipse Tour ECLIPSE (or other astronomical event) VIEWING: We understand that you have decided to participate based on your ability to view the astronomical event advertised as the highlight of the Eclipse Tour . While we will do our best to arrange for the viewing, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cloud cover, that the group will be in the planned position, or that there will not be another reason beyond our control that prevents viewing. Therefore, we will not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, cost, or expense of any kind in the event that such viewing is not possible for any reason including but not limited to any act of God, war, fire, collision, directions of underwriters, arrest, order or restraint by any government agency or official acting under color of authority, acts of terrorism, labor disturbances or disputes, civil commotion, weather conditions and considerations of the safety of the ground transportation being used, (for which the Ground Operator shall be the sole judge), breakdowns of or damage to the transport vehicle, requisition of the vehicle by governmental authority, illness, death of a family member or other cause or circumstance beyond our control.
10. Eclipse Tour CHANGES OR CANCELLATION BY GROUND OPERATOR OR US: The Ground Operator in its sole discretion may cancel, advance, or postpone any part of the tour, change the itinerary, and may (but is not obligated to) substitute another transport vehicle, and we will not be liable for any loss whatsoever to passengers by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, or substitution. If the Solar eclipse tour 2017 is completely canceled by our Ground Operator, we will provide a full refund, or, if the Eclipse Tour is partially canceled, we will provide a partial refund depending on any refund provided to us by the Ground Operator. Under such circumstances, Future Travel shall have no further liability for damages or compensation of any kind. We reserve the right to cancel the Eclipse Tour for inadequate participation, in which case we will provide a full refund of the Eclipse Tour price and shall have no further liability for damages or compensation of any kind. Please note that the availability of any refund for travel insurance and/or other travel products (airfare and hotel), even if purchased in conjunction with Solar eclipse tour 2016, will be determined in accordance with the applicable cancellation policies for such other products or services. Sightseeing is subject to change due to weather conditions, accessibility, border crossing limitations, and hours of operation. Sightseeing will be by motor coach or other transportation as stated in the itinerary.
11. OTHER RIGHTS OF Ground Operators: You may request a copy of the Ground Operator’s Passage Contract, which constitutes your agreement with the Ground Operator. The contract provides that the Ground Operator may exercise its rights in a variety of matters. We have no liability for a full or partial refund of the tour fare, or for any lodging or transportation expenses, as a result of the Ground Operator’s exercise of its contractual rights.
12. SAFETY WHILE ON the Eclipse Tour: You assume sole responsibility for your own safety during the Eclipse Tour. We do not guarantee your safety at any time. You acknowledge that all Excursions /Tours, however conducted, airline flights and ground transportation, are operated by independent contractors. Future Travel neither supervises nor controls their actions, nor makes any representation, either express or implied, as to their suitability. These services are provided only as a convenience for you, and you are free to use or not use them. You agree that Future Travel assumes no responsibility, does not guarantee performance and in no event shall be liable for any negligent or intentional acts or omissions, loss, damage, injury or delay to you and/or your property in connection with these services.
13. PASSPORTS AND VISAS: International travel requires a passport valid 6 months beyond your intended return travel date. In many cases, you will also need to have multiple consecutive blank visa pages within your passport (the number varies depending on the destination(s)). Many destinations also require that visas be obtained prior to travel. Please speak with us if you are unsure about the visa requirements for your travel destination, but you are solely responsible for complying with passport and visa requirements. Your name, as listed on your travel documents, must exactly match your name as listed on tour or airline documents. Citizens of other countries must make their nationalities known to Future Travel at registration and are responsible for obtaining proper documentation to enter the U.S. and any other countries involved.
14. MEDICAL CERTIFICATION AND PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: By booking the Solar eclipse tour 2017, you certify that: (a) you are in good general health and capable of performing normal activities on the Eclipse Tour; (b) you are capable of caring for yourself during any expedition and will not impede the progress of the trip or enjoyment of other Eclipse Tour participants; (c) you understand that any expedition may take you far from the nearest viable medical facility; and (d) all expedition members must be self-sufficient; and (e) you have not been recently treated for, nor are aware of, any physical, mental or other condition or disability that would create a hazard to yourself or other Eclipse Tour participants. Any condition that may require attention or treatment must be reported in writing at the time your reservation is made. Transport may be refused to any person whose state of health or physical conditions render them, in the opinion of the Ground Operator, unfit. Participation in this or any other Solar eclipse tour 2017 will be denied to any person who will enter her third trimester (twenty-seventh week) of pregnancy by the time of the Solar eclipse tour 2017 or during the Eclipse Tour and to children under the age specified on the Eclipse Tour Webpage—usually 16. You must notify Future Travel at the time of booking of any disability or other medical or physical condition that may require special assistance during the Eclipse Tour. Your failure to do so will release Future Travel from any liability for loss, damages or other compensation arising from or related in any way to such disability or condition. Future Travel and our Ground Operator(s) reserve the right to require that any passenger who is not self-sufficient must travel with a companion who takes responsibility for any assistance needed during the Eclipse Tour and in case of emergency. You understand that if you fraudulently represent yourself as fit for this tour, you may be removed prior to or during the Tour at your own expense.
15. CONDITION OR BEHAVIOR: We may exclude you from participating in all or any part of the trip if, in our sole discretion, your condition or behavior renders you unfit for the trip or unfit for continuation once the trip has begun. Unfitness may include, without limitation, any behavior that, regardless of its cause, is inappropriate or offensive or interferes with the delivery of our services, or may constitute a hazard or embarrassment. In such case, our liability shall be strictly limited to a refund of the recoverable cost of any unused portion of the trip.
16. CHILDREN: We normally accept children if they are the age of 16 and older (thought the minimum age may vary by Tour), although some Tours are for adults only and are specified as such. Children must be accompanied and supervised by parents or guardians, who will bear ultimate responsibility for their actions, and are expected to display proper decorum while the group is together, especially at the observation site and on all transport vehicles.
17. LUGGAGE ON BOARD: Each guest may bring onboard a reasonable amount of baggage. It is recommended that participants do not bring expensive jewelry or like possessions with them. Telescopes and observation equipment should be securely packed; insurance on expensive items is highly recommended. All luggage must be stored in the passenger’s accommodations. Pets, dangerous or illegal items such as weapons, explosives, combustible substances, non-prescription controlled substances, or illegal drugs may not be brought on the Eclipse Tour. Any such items shall be surrendered to security at embarkation and may be disposed of at the sole discretion of the cruise line. All luggage hand-carried or checked, and your person are subject to security inspections that may involve physical search. Curbside porters are available at the pier during embarkation to take luggage to the vessel. Please be sure each piece of luggage is locked and has a tag listing your name, and contact information. We assume no responsibility for checked or carry-on luggage. Any luggage left anywhere on Tour will be forwarded at the guest’s expense if discovered. IF YOU ARE BRINGING A TELESCOPE OR ANY UNUSUAL EQUIPMENT, YOU MUST PROVIDE A LIST OF SUCH ITEMS TO FUTURE TRAVEL SO THAT WE CAN DETERMINE THEY ARE ALLOWABLE. WE WILL PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS RELATED TO CUSTOMS FORMALITIES.
18. TRANSFERS: When transfers between hotels and airports are included in the Great American Eclipse Tour price, transportation of participants and their baggage is provided only when participants travel with the rest of the group (or language in the tour terms indicates that you can arrive at any time). If your schedule is different from this, private transfers are available at extra cost and must be requested in writing. Carry-on bags must be carried by Great American Eclipse Tour participants. Porterage may be included AFTER passing through the customs area upon arrival if so indicated in the inclusions. Porterage is generally not included unless otherwise stated in the individual itinerary inclusions. In some situations, porterage may not be possible. Be sure to consult the cruise information to be sure.
19. TAXES AND TIPS: If a land package is involved, tips are not included (unless stated), but taxes for hotel accommodations and airfare are generally included. Departure taxes within foreign countries are NOT included since they vary widely. Each airport departure may require a separate departure tax which will have to be collected from each participant prior to boarding an airline or ship. Tips are NOT included for guides, or drivers. Future Travel will provide guidance on tips, when they should be given and how collected. Although the amounts and timing may differ, this is left to each person’s discretion. There will be times when the Tour escort or guide will alert participants as to whom and how much to tip. These actions are necessary in order to maintain good service and assure that all promised services will occur as scheduled.
20. WHAT ELSE IS NOT INCLUDED ON OUR TOUR: Cost of passports or visas, excess baggage, meals and beverages not specified in the itinerary, phone calls, voluntary changes in flights or other methods of transport, laundry, insurance costs, and items or services of a personal nature not specified in the cruise itinerary.
21. MEDICAL CARE: You assume all risks associated with travel and transportation on the Tour. While on the Eclipse Tour or along the way to/from the Eclipse Tour, the availability of medical care may be limited and/or delayed. You acknowledge that all or part of the Eclipse Tour may be in areas where medical care and/or evacuation may not be available. You agree to indemnify and reimburse Future Travel and its ground operators in the event that these entities by their sole discretion, advance to you the cost of emergency medical care, including medical evacuation and/or medical care provided ashore, as well as transportation and/or lodging in connection therewith. Future Travel shall have no responsibility to advance any such costs.
22. ROOMMATES: If you are traveling by yourself but wish to share a room with someone else, we will attempt to match men with male roommates and women with female roommates, along with smoking/non-smoking preferences. However, the ground operator prohibits all smoking on tour. If we cannot find a roommate for whatever reason we will advise you and have to charge you the single supplement fee. You may wish to look for a roommate from your local astronomical society, family or friends. Your decision to accept a roommate for the tour is at your own risk. Future Travel is not responsible or liable for any and all claims or cause of action arising out of or in connection with your acceptance or selection of a roommate for the tour, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from such request or selection.
23. SMOKING: Smoking is prohibited on our Eclipse Tour buses, the astronomical event observation site, and in briefing and lecture rooms as well as in hotel rooms and any other places where the group is congregating.
24. INFORMATION: Information that we publish in our Eclipse Tour brochures, collateral material and the Eclipse Tour Website is believed to be accurate and reliable. We make no representations or warranties regarding such information or any information provided by a third party. Unless expressly stated in writing, we do not endorse the products or services offered by any company or person identified in our brochures, collateral material or Website, nor are we responsible for any content published by a third party.
25. RESPONSIBILITY: We act only in the capacity of agent for the suppliers of the travel services named in your itinerary or otherwise providing services or goods in connection with the tour (the “suppliers”), such as airlines, hotels and other lodging providers, local hosts, sightseeing tour operators, bus lines, car rental companies, driving services, restaurants, and providers of entertainment. We assume no responsibility for any personal injury, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any act or omission of any of the Suppliers.
26. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will we be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any special, punitive, exemplary, direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, that arise out of or are in any way connected with the tour even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will our aggregate liability exceed the total tour price set forth in the itinerary for any occurrence including, but not limited to: (1) injury, death or delay of passengers, or loss, damage or delay of or to passengers’ baggage or other property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Great American Eclipse Tour including, without limitation, passenger’s use of or participation in any excursion, on concession or athletic or recreational activity; (2) your request for or selection of a roommate for the tour; (3) emotional distress, mental suffering or anguish or psychological injury of any kind under any circumstances (except when such damages were caused by Future Travel’s negligence and resulted from the same passenger’s sustaining actual physical injury, or having been at risk of actual physical injury, or when such damages are held to have been intentionally inflicted by Future Travel); (4) any change in scheduled Eclipse Tour events and/or celebrity appearances; (5) the Tour Operators’ exercise of its contractual rights; or (6) or (if you are entering into this agreement on behalf of yourself and your, group, party, or traveling companions) any claim arising out of their assertion that you were not authorized to agree on their behalf. You further agree that Future Travel shall not be held vicariously liable for the intentional or negligent acts of any persons not employed by Future Travel, nor for any intentional or negligent acts of Future Travel’s employees committed while off duty or outside the course and scope of their employment. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction holds any of the foregoing to be unenforceable, then Future Travel’s liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. In addition to the restrictions and exemptions from liability provided in these Terms and Conditions, Future Travel shall have the full benefit of any applicable laws providing for limitation and exoneration from liability, and nothing in contained herein is intended to operate to limit or deprive Future Travel of any such statutory limitation of or exoneration from liability.
27. FORCE MAJEURE: We assume no responsibility for any personal injury, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any matter beyond our exclusive control including but not limited to a delay or cancellation that causes you to miss all or any portion of the Eclipse Tour, acts of God, acts of government, war, terrorist acts, riots, disaster, weather extremes, or strikes. We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. You understand that health care standards, facilities, and services abroad may be different or even inadequate for treating health conditions. It is the responsibility of each Tour participant to obtain health and medical certificates, inoculations and vaccinations. For information concerning possible dangers at foreign destinations, we recommend contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov, and click on “Travel Warnings.” For medical information, we recommend contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or www.cdc.gov/travel.
28. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, you (the Lead Passenger and all members of your party) expressly agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against Future Travel arising out of or connected with the Tour shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. to the exclusion of the courts of any other state, territory or country; (2) you waive any venue or other objection that you may have to any such action or proceeding being brought in any court located in Houston, Texas; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with the Eclipse Tour, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) you waive the right to claim any other damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. You agree to present any claims against us within 30 days after the Eclipse Tour ends and to file within one year of the incident, and you acknowledge that this expressly limits the applicable statute of limitations to one year. NEITHER PARTY MAY INITIATE OR BE PART OF A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR LEGAL PROCEEDING AGAINST THE OTHER.
29. INDEMNIFICATION: You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our officers, employees, directors, suppliers and agents, in their individual capacities or otherwise, from and against any losses arising out of: (i) your negligence; (ii) your failure to comply with applicable law; or (iii) your failure to comply with these terms conditions.
30. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: You acknowledge that you have voluntarily applied for the Solar eclipse tour 2016. You understand that you may travel to countries and areas that are inherently risky. You are prepared to assume risks associated with the Eclipse Tour including forces of nature, terrorism, civil unrest, war, accidents, and transportation including land vehicles, boats, and aircraft that are not operated and maintained to the standards found in North America, and you hereby assume such risks. You also assume risks associated with altitude, illness, disease, physical exertion, and alcohol consumption, knowing that access to evacuation and/or suitable medical supplies and support may not be available. You agree to take full responsibility for your own actions, safety and welfare. You also understand that you will be a member of a group and will conduct myself in a way that will not endanger the group or yourself.
31. MISCELLANEOUS: We may assign our rights and/or delegate all or a portion of its duties under these Terms and Conditions to any third party at any time without the consent or permission of any parties to these Terms and Conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and one or more terms contained in another agreement between you and us, these Terms and Conditions will control. No alteration, cancellation, variation of, or addition to these terms and conditions shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by us. If there is a conflict between any part of these terms and conditions and any present or future law, the part that is affected shall be curtailed only to the extent necessary to bring it within the requirements of that law.You hereby consent to our use of pictures or video of you in our marketing materials without compensation. Facsimile or scanned transmission of any signed document shall be deemed delivery of an original.
|I hereby agree to the terms and conditions in the Future Travel Eclipse Participant’s Agreement, on behalf of myself and all members of my traveling party.||Check the appropriate box below:|
|Signature: _____________________________||(1)___I certify that I am 69 years or younger and reside in the US or Canada. (2)___ I am 70 years old and reside in the US or Canada. IF YOU CHECKED THIS BOX, CHECK 1 OF THE 2 ITEMS BELOW.|
|Name: ________________________________||___I choose to purchase insurance from Future Travel.|
__I decline to purchase trip cancellation and medical insurance. I understand the risks I am taking & that there is no reduction in tour price.
Date: _________________________________(3)___ I do not reside in the US or Canada. IF YOU CHECKED THIS BOX, CHECK 1 OF THE 2 ITEMS BELOW.____ I am also signing on behalf of: ________________________________________
___I choose to purchase Future Travel’s foreign resident insurance.
___I decline to purchase trip cancellation and medical insurance. I understand the risks I am taking & that there is no reduction in tour price.